The Blackwing 155 is a tribute to the Bauhaus School and its legacy of craftsmanship.
When Walter Gropius published his Manifesto of the Staatliches Bauhaus in the spring of 1919, he declared that "there is no essential difference between the artist and the artisan." In the years that would follow, his Bauhaus Art School would seek to tear down the wall between the fine and the applied arts. Members of the Bauhaus movement created iconic modern art including chairs, buildings, paintings, and sculptures.
Each pencil features a soft graphite core, the first-ever black eraser clip, and a design inspired by the simple shapes and colors that have become a hallmark of the Bauhaus style. Though only 155 students graduated from the school, its philosophies have had an immeasurable impact on artists around the world.
- Iconic aluminum ferrule design
- Genuine Incense-cedar casing that sharpens evenly and easily
- Specially formulated Japanese graphite that writes smoothly
- Replacement erasers available
- Sharpener sold separately
- Sold as a box - you will receive 12 pencils.
- Single pencil available here.
- Blackwing 155 Point Guard Set available here.
- Blackwing 155 Replacement Erasers available here.